VP / DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL SALES / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
International Management, Marketing Analysis & Agreements / Export Regulations & Compliance
FCPA / Budgeting / Project Management / Market Penetration / Strategic Planning / Localization / P&L
B2B / Product Marketing & Development / Forecasting / Competitive Analysis / Market Rollout / CRM
Intellectual Property / Territory Development / Licensing / Internet Strategies / Strategic Partnerships
Multilingual international sales and business development executive, dramatically increasing revenue and improving processes for small and large firms in computer systems, hardware/software technologies, medical equipment and healthcare educational materials. Worked with multiple cultures worldwide, analyzing markets, prioritizing opportunities, building relations, and creating products relevant to consumer and market needs. Reorganized international sales departments, managed worldwide Territory Directors, negotiated international contracts and joint development and cooperation agreements, and contributed to corporate strategic plan as key member of International Strategic Planning Team. Led product development teams, developed global strategy, and streamlined and managed Tech Support.
Confident sales leader, working well with all levels of an organization. Astutely analyze complex situations, internally processing ideas and delivering creative solutions. Adept at leading professional teams with diverse skill sets and backgrounds to focus on projects. Loyal and aggressive, driven to exceed aggressive corporate goals.
MBA, International Management, Thunderbird Graduate School of International Business. Bachelor of Arts, Texas A&M University. Candidate for E-Commerce Certification, UC Santa Cruz Extension (completed courses in System Architecture, HTML, Internet Marketing and Sales, Project Management, and Web Design.) Fluent in English, German and Spanish; proficient in French and Mandarin Chinese.
- Led region to first-time profitability, increasing revenue 35% revenue in Y1 and additional 50% in Y2.
- Drove company sales in Japan from $250K to $1.5M in year one.
- Developed processes/database/forms that cut Telesensory’s International sales processing time in half.
- Established consistent international sales reporting, ensuring up-to-date monitoring of product shortages, production schedule and proactive problem interventions.
- Revamped product development process and expanded vendor/distribution network, reducing time to market up to 50% for company and incorporating international division into product development process.
- Conceived and implemented International Working Group for department, creating allies and instilling globalization to save millions in product development.
- Spearheaded production of international translations in 40% less time than previous editions.
- Streamlined and managed Telesensory Tech Support and Customer Service departments improving response time to customer calls by 40% in six weeks.
- Developed bundled Telesensory marketing program using inexpensive application software, driving sales of high margin hardware, increasing hardware sales 40% in first six months.
Director, ECC International Programs / Territory Director Latin America and EMEA / 2004 to 2008. American Heart Association, Dallas, TX, USA.
Return to top
Managed up to $5M budget and staff. Reorganized international department to support translation, localization and distribution of 300 cardiovascular care training/educational products in 17 languages in 12 months. Negotiated joint development and cooperation agreements with ministries of health/medical societies. Contributed to corporate strategic plan as key member of International Strategic Planning Team. Managed Territory Directors in Asia/Latin America, and developed incentives to promote training to drive educational material sales.
Vice President of International Sales, 2000 to 2003. Freedom
Scientific, St. Petersburg, FL, USA.
Held full P&L responsibility for $2M and four direct reports. Developed and implemented policies and procedures for new International Sales Department. Negotiated contracts and agreements with key clients and government officials to solidify market presence and increase sales. Directed localization of software and hardware products in 19 languages. Foreign Expert, Beijing Second Foreign Language Institute, 1998 to 2000. Return to top
Foreign Expert, 1998 - 2000. Beijing International Studies Institute, China-USA Business University, and Beijing Materials
Institute; Beijing, China
Marketing Manager, 1996 - 1998. Telesensory
Corporation, Sunnyvale, California, USA.
Product Manager, 1991 - 1996. Telesensory
Corporation, Mountain View, California, USA.
Sales (International and Domestic), 1987-1991. Telesensory Corporation, Mountain View, California, USA.
Export Manager, 1982-1987. Medasonics, Inc., Mountain View, California, USA.
- MBA, American Graduate School of International Management (Thunderbird), 1981.
- Bachelor of Arts, Texas A&M University, 1980.
- Candidate for E-Commerce Certification, UC Santa Cruz Extension. Completed courses in System Architecture, HTML, Internet Marketing
and Sales, Project Management, and Web Design.